Full-time maternity cover for our Receptionist.
The Proclamation Trust is one of the UK’s leading providers of training in Biblical preaching and teaching. This is an opportunity to be at the heart of the office which runs the Cornhill Training Course and over 20 conferences a year for church workers. Based in our busy central London office on Borough High Street, you will be the first point of contact for most enquiries - this is an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Suitable candidates will be friendly and welcoming, efficient and organised, and be willing to serve others.
A suitable candidate will:
- Have competency in MS Office and be computer literate
- Be numerate and happy dealing with cash
- Make a positive and cheery contribution to the office environment
- Work well as a team player
- Be good at dealing with people as our first point of contact
- Be able to remain calm and cheerful under pressure
The role encompasses general office administration. Training is provided, so the following is to give an indication of what you might be doing, not a list of absolute requirements:
- Reception duties, including answering phones, responding to queries (by phone and email), managing room bookings, sorting post, overseeing key fob system and managing the office diary
- Overseeing stationery and office supplies
- Office catering, including providing refreshments for meetings
- Finance tasks including managing petty cash, recording online payment statistics and reconciling credit card statements
- Administrative support to the Conference Manager such as taking conference bookings, allocating accommodation for conference delegates, processing online payments
- Administrative support to the Cornhill Administrator such as shopping for Cornhill catering needs, photocopying handouts and other administrative assistance
- Act as Fire Officer and Health and Safety Officer for the Willcox House building (full external training provided)
- Liaising with other PT staff to ensure smooth running of the PT office
The post is available immediately.
The post is a maternity cover contract offered for a fixed term of 6 months.
It is a genuine occupational requirement that the office holder be in sympathy with the aims and beliefs of The Proclamation Trust.
The salary is £26,500.
Please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th January 2018. We reserve the right to close applications sooner; please submit applications as soon as possible.